Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our first readings: August 1, 2009 1:45pm - 4:45pm

In spite of being a single parent, a caretaker to elderly parents, going on vacation, looking for a job, and having had to look for a new meeting space I have been able to be on top of things enough - cough- to be able to go ahead and schedule our next meeting. Our new meeting space will be at the Upper Arlington Library in meeting room B. Our next meeting is August 1st from 1:45pm to 4:45pm.

When it first came to light that Junctionview Studios was not going to be able to provide the space we needed at the price we could afford (free) I went into a little bit of panic admittedly. However, after several phone calls my problem soon became making up my mind as to which awesome free space to pick. We had several to choose from.

After getting feedback from several members I decided to go with the Upper Arlington Library because they have got great spaces, it's centrally located, scheduling didn't seem an issue, and they have parking.

Rose Anne Kalister and Robert Foor will be our first writers to read for the group. I want to thank them both for their initiative. Rose Anne will be having a part of the first scene of her full-length play Double Dutch read. Robert Foor has decided to make his short film A Good Cup of Coffee a showcase piece. He will be showing up to the meeting and be picking any actors who decide they want to read. I think he is going to be doing it first come, first serve. So if you are an actor and interested in a reading opportunity you may want to drop me a line and let me know you are planning on attending so I can give Robert an idea of how many actors plan on being considered for the reading.

We hope to see you there. I know I am excited.