Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Role

I thought things went well for our first meeting. I also appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm. When I see others get creatively inspired, I get inspired. I have been thinking. I do want to respond to one issue I have heard about in one form or another after the meeting from various people. I am starting to suspect that I have not been clear enough in communicating my role in the group. That concerns me.

So, let me be clear. I am the ultimate authority for this group. I am the founder and I plan on making the group how I want it to be. Now that being said, I am obviously not the only person in this group and I want to share in my vision for the group. I gathered from the meeting there are several other people who want to share in the vision also.

So, in regards to decisions (artistic and otherwise), I am going to defer to the group for feedback, providing ideas, and giving people the opportunity to share their voices in order to help me in making decisions. If we all can't seem to make up our minds and find a reasonable compromise together (like in regards to casting) then the buck stops with me and I will make the decision that I think will best serve the group (i.e., the writers).

Secondly, I can't do everything. I don't have enough hands, feet, or time in the day to do it all. So, I need help in creating this opportunity for all of us. Hence, I am grateful to John, Holly, and Robert for stepping up to the plate and helping out. I am hoping that their participation will inspire others to do the same. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. I am grateful for the turnout at our first meeting and I am really inspired by all the talented and driven people I met on Saturday. I am very glad to know that there are others like me and I am not alone in Columbus. I have learned so much just from our first meeting and the people I have met. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.

Regards,

Arvin Donner