Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our first meeting was a success!

In spite of me not having the correct address on the Facebook Group Event people still showed up. (I think I counted 11...) During the introductions, I realized we had a wide variety of people with a wide variety of backgrounds. (playwrights, screenwriters, actors, directors, and producers).

There were three basic things I wanted to get out of this meeting for myself. I wanted to know what the level of interest would be in this town for a group like this. I also wanted to get a chance to know what I would be contending with in regards to the group dynamic. (It's a lively, inspiring bunch. I got my work cut out for me;-P )Finally, I needed to listen and hear what people had to say. I got a chance to do plenty of that. I was afraid I would be doing all the talking.

There is a lot more that I need to post concerning our first meeting and the next 2 meetings. The next two are scheduled for Aug 1st and Aug 22nd.

I am curious. What were your impressions of our first meeting?