Friday, August 6, 2010

The Last Year and the Coming Year

 So we lasted a year.Whew!... We ended up helping out 14 writers -15 if you want to include me. We had plays, comedy sketches, screenplays, and even some radio plays presented. There were internationally-produced, awarding-winning dramatic writers who were read and dramatic writers who had just written their first piece and had never been produced, and everything in between. We had our first workshop on screenwriting and a talk given by a Kennedy center award-winning playwright. We had some good food to eat and last but not least we got to collaborate with some amazing actors. There are a lot of them and it's too late right now for me to go and count them all.
The most festive picture I can find of myself with my clothes on ;-)

I also learned and grew a boat load this year. I have been reaffirmed in my ability to do something really amazing when I just put my mind to it and focus. I have learned more than I would ever had if I had gone to school and given my money away to some MFA program. I have made some really great friends and I have been a really great student to 14 other writers and a whole countless number of actors. I'm really excited to see what happens in the coming year.

I would like to get some input from folks on how the last year went. I would like to know what's working for you and what you think needs some tweaking. You can send me an email at the The Drama Foundry's yahoo account address: thedramafoundry . I plan on making some changes in the coming months. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on August 28th.