Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2010 Yellow Springs Corner Cone 10 - minute Play Festival: Participants and Winners

Four contributors to past Drama Foundry writers' meetings recently participated in the Corner Cone 10-Minute Play Festival over in Yellow Springs, Ohio. The participants included Steven Woosley a veteran with MadLab Theater who acted and help direct two of Henry Meyerson's plays, The Comfort of Cole-Haans and Me and Shirley.

The other Drama Foundry contributors included playwright Chris Shaw Swanson whose play, People Like Us, won Best Drama in the festival and actors Kristina Kopf and Jane Mowder who won Excellence in Cast for their roles in People Like Us. (Chris also had the play read at our meeting.)

I want to extend my appreciation to all the TDF contributors who participated in the festival. I'm grateful that I get an opportunity to be inspired by and learn from such talented artists. My only regret is that I got to the festival after they had canceled the second show in the afternoon  due to the rain but Jane Mowder bought me a chili dog and fries and that made it all better. Hopefully I can participate next year.